Dr. Péter Nagy
Fields of interest: social and economic history of Hungary and Central Europe, 19th and 20th century history of Hungarian industry and industrial society
Office: ELTE TáTK, 1117 Budapest, Pázmány Péter sétány 1/A, room 7.23
Péter Nagy (1988), historian. His main research field is the history of the industrial society and the industrial history from the middle of the 19th century to the end of the 1940s. He obtained his history-archives BA degree at the University of Miskolc, after that he graduated from the Eötvös Loránd University with MA degree of history, specialized in history of economy and society. He earned his PhD degree in 2015 at the Eszterházy Károly University. Between 2016 and 2019 he is scholarship holder of the postdoctoral excellence programme of the National Research, Development and Innovation Office. In the same period he is member of the REWORK-OTKA Research Group at the Centre for Social Sciences of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences Centre of Excellence. In 2013 he received the Apáczai Csere János Doctoral Candidate Scholarship, in 2014 and 2018 the subsidy of the National Cultural Fund of Hungary Literature College. He is member of the Hungarian Labour History Network and the Hajnal István Circle. In the recent past two of his books were published, namely ‘In the attraction of Rima. The local and factory society of Ózd from the late dualism to the nationalisation‘ as well as ‘Far from homeland. Countyside people from Ózd in Soviet captivity‘. Besides, more than forty of his scientific publications came out. In the MTA-SZTE-ELTE History of Globalisation Research Group he is involved in examining economic phenomena of the globalisation.
Name: Péter Nagy
Place and date of birth: Szikszó, 17th February, 1988.
Postdoctoral researcher, Eszterházy Károly University – NKFIH
Member of the „Rework” research group in the Research Centre of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Research fellow, History of the Globalization Research Group
Graduation, Széchenyi István Secondary Technical School, Ózd
BA (history and archivist) degree, University of Miskolc Faculty of Arts. Topic of the dissertation: History of the Velence-colony of Ózd in the second half of the 20th century in accordance with the newspaper called Ózdi Vasas Supervisor: Dr. Györgyi Németh, associate professor
MA (history) degree, Eötvös Loránd University Faculty of Arts, specialization of social and economy history. Topic of the dissertation: The social politics of the Rimamurány-Salgótarján Ironworks Inc. between the two world wars. Supervisor: prof. Dr. György Kövér
PhD degree, Eszterházy Károly College Doctoral School of History. Topic of dissertation: The society of the iron works in Ózd from the late dualism to the socialization. Supervisor: Dr. Tibor Valuch associate professor
- Organization of, and participation in a series of interviews related to the reminiscence of the factory labourers in Ózd, with students of the University of Debrecen, with the contribution of Dr. Tibor Valuch, associate professor (2010, 2011)
- Organization of an international labourer history workshop (2014)
- First place on the Gyula Istvánffy Homeland Knowledge County Competition (2005), second place (2011)
English and German intermediate level, reading level of Latin
driving licence type B (2005)
Social and economic history of Hungary and Central-Europe, history of the Hungarian industry and the industrial society in the 19-20th century
Research scholarships, acknowledgements
- Scholarship from the Literature and Knowledge-Broadening Association of the National Cultural Fund (2014, 2018)
- Apáczai Csere János Doctoral Scholarship (2013-2014)
- Third place on the First Section of history between the two world wars of the National Conference of Scientific Students’ Associatons (2011)
Activity at professional organizations
- Member of the Hungarian Labour History Network (2016-)
- Member of ICOMOS – Industrial Heritage Committee (2012-)
- Member of the István Hajnal Circle (2011-)
- Member of the Association of Gulag and Gupvi Researchers (2018-)
- Member of the Árpád Lajos Circle, of the Friend Circle of Industrial Heritage Preservers in Ózd and of the Velence Association
A Rima vonzásában: Az ózdi helyi és gyári társadalom a késő dualizmustól az államosításig. Budapest: Napvilág Kiadó, 2016, 384 p.
Gyári munkásokból parlamenti képviselők: Ózd környéki munkásszármazású képviselők a politikai élet páholyában a Kádár – rendszer utolsó évtizedében. Aetas, 30. évf. (2015) 2. sz. 122–139.
Harc a szénhiány ellen: A Szénkormánybiztosság működése Magyarországon 1917–1924. In: Bódy, Zsombor (szerk.): Háborúból békébe. A magyar társadalom 1918 után. Konfliktusok, kihívások, változások a háború és az összeomlás nyomán. Budapest: MTA Bölcsészettudományi Kutatóközpont Történettudományi Intézet, 2018. 195–220.
Special urbanization: The effects of industry on rural settlements in Hungary: A case of study. Hungarian Studies, vol. 29. (2015) no. 1–2. 147–155.
Távol a szülőföldtől: Ózd vidékiek szovjet fogságban. Ózd: Napvilág Kiadó, 2017. 153 p.